CredentialsPrior to starting Editorial Inspirations in 2001, April Michelle Davis worked as an assistant editor at the National Society of Professional Engineers and a program assistant for the American Prosecutors Research Institute. Various degrees include a master of professional studies degree in publishing (2007) from George Washington University and a bachelor of arts degree in English (2001) from Messiah College. In addition, she holds the following certificates: Editing (University of Virginia, 2003), book publishing (University of Virginia, 2003), and professional editing (EEI Communications, 2004).
April frequently attends workshops, conferences, book festivals, and writers’ retreats—including the Communication Central Conference, University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop, Sewanee Writers’ Conference, Duke University Writers’ Workshop, James River Writers Conference, Hanover Book Festival—and has been a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association since 2005, a member of the American Society for Indexing since 2009, a member of the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors since 2010, and a member of the American Copy Editors Society since 2012.
April is the chapter coordinator for the Virginia chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association, and she is the chair-elect for the Mid- & South-Atlantic chapter for the American Society for Indexing. She has also published a book through the Editorial Freelancers Association, A Guide for the Freelance Indexer. She was also the Member of the Month for June 2011 and is the Social Media Marketing Expert for the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors.
Résumé available upon request.
- Bonjour 40: A Paris Travel Log (40 years. 40 days. 40 seconds.), written by Karen Chase and edited by April Michelle Davis, has won won three eLit Awards: the eLit Silver Medal for Best Non-fiction Travel/Essay e-book, the eLit Silver Medal for Best Book Trailer, and the eLit Gold Medal for Best Author Website.
- Big Wave Surfing, written by Ken Thurber and edited by April Michelle Davis, has received numerous awards in 2011 and 2012.
- Member of the Month, National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (June 2011).
- Writer’s Digest Your Opening Line Contest – Honorable Mention (December 2006).
- Writer’s Digest Your Opening Line Contest – Honorable Mention (September 2006).