CredentialsApril Michelle is the Social Media Marketing Expert for the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors, chapter coordinator for the Virginia chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association, and past-chair and website administrator for the Mid- & South-Atlantic chapter for the American Society for Indexing. She has also published two books through the Editorial Freelancers Association, A Guide for the Freelance Indexer and Choosing an Editor: What You Need to Know. She has been a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association since 2005, a member of the American Society for Indexing since 2009, a member of the National Association of Independent Writers and Editors since 2010, a lifetime member of the American Copy Editors Society since 2012, and a contributing member of the Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network since 2013.
April Michelle frequently attends and speaks at workshops, conferences, book festivals, writers’ retreats, and colleges, including Agile Writers’ meetings, the Communication Central Conference, Duke University Writers’ Workshop, Hanover Book Festival, James River Writers Conference, Randolph-Macon College, RavenCon, Sewanee Writers’ Conference, University of Iowa Writers’ Workshop, Virginia Women’s Press Conference, and Williamsburg Book Festival.
She has a master of professional studies degree in publishing (2008) from George Washington University and a bachelor of arts degree in English (2001) from Messiah College. In addition, she holds the following certificates: Editing (University of Virginia, 2003), book publishing (University of Virginia, 2003), and professional editing (EEI Communications, 2004).
Prior to starting Editorial Inspirations in 2001, April Michelle Davis worked as an assistant editor at the National Society of Professional Engineers and a program assistant for the American Prosecutors Research Institute.
- Bonjour 40: A Paris Travel Log (40 years. 40 days. 40 seconds.), written by Karen Chase and edited by April Michelle Davis, has won three eLit Awards: the eLit Silver Medal for Best Non-fiction Travel/Essay e-book, the eLit Silver Medal for Best Book Trailer, and the eLit Gold Medal for Best Author Website. Plus, the book won the 2013 International Book Award, was a Finalist for Travel Essay, won the 2013 IPPY Silver Medal for best Travel Essay, and won the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards it won a Winners Medal for Best Design Non-fiction, and a Finalist Medal for Best Travel/Travel Guide.
- Big Wave Surfing, written by Ken Thurber and edited by April Michelle Davis, has received numerous awards in 2011, 2012, and 2013.
- Member of the Month, National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (June 2011).
- Writer’s Digest Your Opening Line Contest – Honorable Mention (December 2006).
- Writer’s Digest Your Opening Line Contest – Honorable Mention (September 2006).